Google Translator

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Fall Projects



I am posting a few of my Fall Projects just to show you I haven't been goofing off ( much)!  The photo above is after I painted a really old step ladder black.  The very top step is busted but I still love this ladder!  When my sister's and I  went to the Vintage Bazaar this month in Eliot, Maine- I saw some fabulous stuff!   A ladder with words stenciled on the steps was just one!  Now, mine isn't as grand but I love how it turned out!  I am thinking I will use it on my covered porch in the Spring!  





I also saw some attractive candle holders out of birch at the Bazaar.  Well, I think it was painted on birch with the top section painted white.  The picture below shows mine!  We had several birch trees that blew down last year in our woods.  My hubby cut them to my specs and used his drill to tunnel out the top for tea lights.  I am still working on coated them with poly but will show them once completed.   


I am loving the way they are coming out so far!



 The pictures below show the beautiful Heartfelt Creations 3 D fuchsia flowers!  I just purchased the stamp and die set from Heartfelt Creations and they were on sale!!  They are so easy to make! I am looking forward to using them in many projects!



 I have to show you the plastic Christmas ball I used to put some of these flowers in!  I did put some glitter on several of the blooms to add interest.  I didn't have florist wire so I just ended up using glue to keep them together.  I think I will invest in some wire for the next ones.  It's hard to see because of the glare but they are really pretty!





I did purchase a couple of plastic Christmas balls that were open from Michael's.  I wasn't sure what I would use them for but loved that you can put anything you want in them!  I used a slice of birch for the base and then added the Evergreen Sprig that Stampin Up is selling in their Christmas catalog.  A tea light and some acorns were also added and then finished off with a ribbon.  I picked the acorns last year and just this year spray painted them with some poly.  


 I am just about finished with my Halloween projects and will post them soon!  I am now looking forward to working on Christmas ideas.  I must say- my first summer off since I retired has been a fun one!  I can't believe how fast it went.  Hard to believe the stores are already filled with Christmas stuff!  This morning I took a walk and it felt like 70 degrees out!  It has been a crazy Fall for sure! 





3 comments:

  1. Where did you find the cloche behind the Christmas ball?? I have been looking everywhere for them. Thanks,Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute? I found them at Beau- coup.com ...it is the largest they offer...the whole site is on sale now..25% off.

      Delete
  2. All these projects are terrific! I am working on the step ladder this week and thanks for the stencils!!

    ReplyDelete